9/4/07

Library Folk

It is the final countdown. I have 5 1/2 days of slacking left before the new job begins. Am I excited? For the rest of my life I will never look forward to working as much as I do at this moment in time. On the upside, I have never been so well-read.

Books I have read in the past 2 months or so:

The Plague - Albert Camus
Skinny Legs And All - Tom Robbins
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
The Old Man And The Sea - Ernest Hemingway
Einstein's Dream - Alan Lightman
Absolute Friends - John Le Carre
Of Mice And Men - John Steinbeck
Our Endangerd Values - Jimmy Carter
Black Elk Speaks - John Neihardt

I have just recently picked up 'Lila' by Robert Pirsig and think this should finish off my read-a-thon. Some of these have been re-reads, (Hemingway & Steinbeck) one was a waste of time (Le Carre) and one is forever slated a bathroom read (Lightman... in this world I am taking a monster dump, but rather the dump flushes me as I am the one who stinks). The rest (Camus, Robbins, Capote, Carter & Neihardt) are worthwhile reads that I would recommend to all. Of these, each takes their own approach at tackling the human condition and how it is affected through circumstance and ones' personal religion/creed.

As for the library patrons I keep seeing on weekday afternoons who in turn keep seeing me. Weird.

2 comments:

eekbeat said...

Dood, send us an update on the job.

LC said...

hey, movie rec. for you! "internal affair," which is a Hong Kong movie...apparently, "the departed" was a complete rip off of it. hope all is well! teaching is great! except when a kid slapped me on a friday afternoon. no joke.

Mr. Feeble

Mr. Feeble
Tasty