8/17/07

Got A Job



Good news gang, I got a job. Long process with several bumps in the road. Lots of me waiting, waiting, waiting. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night stricken with anxiety and it would take a bowl of cereal and a few chapters of a book to get me settled back down. The good thing was that I didn't have much to do the next day.

Either way, it was a bit stressful because once I received the offer from the company I wanted to work for, I had to play a little cat and mouse to bump up my pay. I had another offer that I delicately dangled in their face and that sort of stuff (like I wasn't going to take pretty much whatever they offered me because... I needed a job).

Anyway, with a little patience (yeaaah, yeaah) it ended up being a win, win. Plus, I don't start for another 3 weeks so its more of me reading and eating cereal at night. I prefer Cheerios, but sometimes... I'll slip some into some nut'n'honey.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats congrats. It took me two months--first one was all pleasant and employment-free-like, second one was all depressing and please kill me now-like. But in the end I found something fantastic and also succeeded in getting the offer upped. Hope things turn out well once you start--that you're making tons of money and have weeks of vacation and the first thing you decide to use it for is a trip to the state known as The Deadbeat Dad of Presidents and specifically the Armpit of America, Houston.

Stanley said...

Woo, job!

MB said...

Well, out of nowhere. What is up Beth Lee? Wouldn't you believe that Houston is first on my list for vacation spots.

Yeah, a bit stressful, but once the job hunt is over it gives you a whole new appreciation for work and working hard. However, in the meantime I am busy checking blogs and watching the Browns.

Go Brady Quinn!!

LC said...

awesome:)

give ryan some man love when he comes your way.

Mr. Feeble

Mr. Feeble
Tasty