8/20/07

Roll It Up Slow

The unrelenting rain has kept me indoors for the past day and a half and it doesn’t seem to be letting up anytime soon. The sounds of wet tires swooshing past seem to be the momentary constant along with the patter of rain on my rooftop. I am sipping coffee and writing and feel satisfied in my coarse of action.

I basically have three weeks to pass and nothing really to do in the meantime. This time is mine and of it I can make or do anything. It seems almost overwhelming in it’s magnitude of possibility, but as I ease into this first day with a steady rain and a cool breeze to balance the warmth of my coffee cup I find myself filled with a strange sense of contentment.

Nothing is really eas-y, or at least nothing that’s worth doing, but when one finds themselves within the comfort of a situation upon which circumstance leaves no other option, there is a sense of ease that is as comforting as a warm blanket on a chilly evening. It will pass as soon as my coffee is cold, but for the time it is here I can acknowledge it.

2 comments:

eekbeat said...

Do you have a passport? I think you should travel solo for a week or two.

MB said...

That would be a nice idea, but I would need money. Otherwise I would have been gone a long time ago.

Mr. Feeble

Mr. Feeble
Tasty